Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just A Teaser

Hello All, or should I say Bonjour à Tous!

I hope you all are doing well and that Kansas isn't treating you bad. This post is just to let you know that tomorrow I have an almost three-hour break and will be doing my first official blog from the beautiful, wonderful country of France. :)

So, stay tuned and please bear with me. There was absolutely no excuse for me to only post, what...three times in New York, but here...omgs, here Internet access is insanely hard to find and it's definitely not like the States (let's just say I'm dying inside a little).

Tonight I tell my host mom that I am moving closer to the university and centre ville (downtown) to maintain a more active presence with my new friends and the city itself. I live in the suburbs and it takes anywhere from 30-50 minutes to commute to class (that includes the bus ride and the walk from the station). My new home will put me only 5-7 minutes walking distance from both school and downtown, so I'm very excited. The sad thing is that my family is absolutely wonderful, but I figure that we can maintain contact--if they don't wanna kill me when me and my roommate tell them--without having to live with them. It's just more convenient.

Anyway, check this on a weekly fashion. As I adjust to life here and find the best places to set up my computer, you can expect a weekly post, some with pictures and some not. Tomorrow's post will be chock (chalk?) full of multimedia delights, so get ready!

Love ya'll,
Chris(topher)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad at least I was able to read something on your new adventure. I have been checking daily since your mom said I could find one on Monday. Hope everything goes well with your Host mom and the news. I will be looking foward to pictures and reading your next blog. lov aud

Anonymous said...

Hey son! I checked before bedtime and wa la ... surprise! One of the senior partners leaves for Paris on Friday and a co-worker and her hubby are taking a cruise and hitting some of the ports of call in Europe. I am envious of both ... I wish your "little" bro and I could come visit, but alas ... we will visit the beautiful country of France vicariously through you. I hope all went well with your host family and that your host mom isn't too crushed. She sounded terrific. She made me smile and I felt so comforted by her laughter and friendliness towards me and how she treated you as you arrived home. Please tell her thank you for me for the love she has given you since you arrived in Angers.

The last two books we studied in West Civ II have been by French authors: Rousseau and Voltaire. I learned tonight that my professor is pretty proficient in French. Of course, he made me think of you. I miss you and I will talk to you Saturday, until then, stay safe, be happy and keep smiling! We love you!

xoxo Mom and Chad oxox